WELCOME 2014, first post of the year with SMB summary, 2013 favz, best-buys and 2014 wishlist.

Wednesday, January 01, 2014 Sparkling Palette Blog 19 Comments


SMB wishes all its readers, friends and followers a Happy, blessed and prosperous new year. On the first day of the new year what else could be better than sharing SMB Favourites, best-buys, year-in-a-summary and wishlist for 2014. To Reveal More Read More!!!
SMB 2013 Year-in-a-SUMMARY:

Personally for me 2013 was the year of learning, struggling (as a blogger and homemaker), contemplating and being conclusive about my personal life. After all UPs and DOWNs in the year 2013, I learnt to be happy, Thankful and contended :) ALHAMDOLILLAH (Thanks to ALLAH).
For my blog Sparkling's Makeup Blog, SMB, 2013 was surely one of the best years. An about-to-be-two years old blog with recognition from Local and international brands, love of all the readers and friends and of-course its own personalized domain, sparklingsmakeup.com, what else one could ask for. This year was the year of struggle from stereotypes to INDEPENDENCE and self dignity. I am glad SMB has its own independent identity with a collection of best work displayed all year long. This surely was the year of improvements and achievements.
For all these achievements I want to thank Allah Almighty for His special blessings. My husband, who finally understood that his better-half is a devoted and determined beauty and fashion blogger. All my Friends from Beauty Blogging circle, my blog's regular readers, fans and followers, I thank you all for your immense love, support and trust in the last year towards me and SMB. Hope it continues and grows more in all the years to come including 2014, the year we are starting today.

2013 FAVOURITES & BEST BUYS: [PR products marked with *]

Let me unveil the favourite and best buy list of SMB for 2013. I know its long but worth it. I am strictly including only the products I purchased or got in 2013, otherwise the list could have been more heavy and long, full of many repeats from last year's favourites list :p SMB favz for 2012 can be seen here.
I am a very big makeup maniac, like all makeup lovers and my fellow beauty bloggers I want every thing, esp all the new launches, in my stash. In 2013, I tried to contemplate hard before making any purchase, no! I still made few impulsive purchases :p (totally human! never asserted to be a makeup saint lolz). Therefor most of the purchases were well planned, after reading detailed reviews, friends advice helped allot too. There are no "major regrets" buying any thing but just few disappointing products, only three to count, that also due to some solid reason. In 2013 I made  purchases from International brands through many friendly Facebook stores in Pakistan like Shopaholic, Dhanak and Rouge. This helped me upgrading the brand list, adding BH Cosmetics, Real Techniques, WetnWild and TRESemme' etc into my stash. Tried few new brands this year i.e Catrice and The Body Shop in Skin care.

FAVZ for FACE:
2013 Favz for FACE
Face Primer:
  • Avon Magix [Summer]
  • Catrice Prime and Fine [Winter]
Concealer:
  • L.A Girl Pro.Conceal (worked good for spots and redness on face but turned my under eye grey)
BB Creams:
  • Garnier BB Cream Comb/oily skin [Summer] Review, one of the best-buys of 2013
  • L'Oreal Revitalift BB Cream* [Winter] Review

FAVZ for CHEEKS:
2013 Favz for CHEEKS
Bronzer/Highlighter:
  • Stageline LIGHT, Face & Body Highlighting Roll-on*
  • The Body Shop Bronzer "Warm Glow"*
  • Naked Minerals Bronzer duo*
  • Flawless by Nadia "Bronze Berry"*
Blush:
  • Essence Miami Roller Girl "Dates on Skates"
  • MUA blush #3
FAVZ for EYES:
2013 favz for EYES
Primer:
  • Essence Colour Arts eye base
Eye-shadows:
  • BH Party Girl, palette
  • Essence Quattro "Denim"
  • Essence 3D eyeshadow "Irresistible Caramel Cream"
  • MUA Single pearl eyeshadow #25
Pencils/Kohl:
  • Stageline Soft Liner in Black* Review
  • Maybelline Colossal Kajal* Review
  • Naked Mineral Brown Pencil*
  • Naked Mineral Dual Brow Pencil*
Mascara:
  • Avon Super Shock Mascara
  • Essence Lash&Brow Gel Mascara
Eye Makeup Remover:
  • Essence Eye Makeup remover Oil free* Review, helps me to clean fall-outs and mess after eyemakeup
FAVZ for LIPS:
2013Favz for LIPS
Balm:
  • Naked Minerals Naked Lips*
Lip Gloss:
  • Merle Norman Lip Polish "Razzle Dazzle"*
  • Artdeco Sparkling Gloss #82* Review
Lipstick:
  • WetnWild "Rose Bud" & "Mauve outta here!"
  • TBS Colour Crush Lipstick "Siren Red"*
  • Maybelline Colour Vivids "Shocking Coral" Review, one of the best-buys of 2013
  • Revlon Lip Butter "Sorbet" Review, one of the best-buys of 2013
FAVZ for NAILS:
Sweet Touch collection for Nail Art
2013 Favz for NAILS
  • Sweet Touch collection, best and affordable Nail polish for Nail Art, Sweet Touch Review
  • Avon Long Wear pro+ "Golden Vision"*
  • Luscious designer Nail polish "HSY" (won in a giveaway)
  • Maybelline Color Show "Midnight Taupe" Reviewone of the best-buys of 2013
  • CSP "Santa Fe" (won in a giveaway) Review
  • OPI Bright minis Spider Man collection* Review
  • Essence Gel Look Top Coat, helped me allot in Nail Art
  • Born Pretty Holo Polish #4 * Review
  • Glamorous Face Black Glitter polish (gift from a fellow blogger friend) Review
FAVZ for MAKEUP TOOLS:
2013 Favz for Makeup Tools
Eyes:
  • ELF Crease brush
  • ELF Blending Brush
Face:
  • Powder puff from Born Pretty* Review
  • Naked minerals Kabuki*
  • Real Technique Blush Brush, one of the best-buys of 2013 :)
FAVZ for FRAGRANCE:
2013 Favz for fragrance
It is very important to smell equally good as you look, along with my all time favourite Loewe Quizas I used this one for daily use:
  • Essence Girl's Night Out* Review
FAVZ for SKIN CARE:
2013 Favz for Skin Care
Face:
  • TBS Eye Mask, one of the best buys of 2013
  • Nivea Cleanser and Toner for dry and sensitive skin [Winter] my bad I didn't use any skin care last Summer, but have a plan for this Summers for sure
  • Pond's Flawless Facewash (won in a giveaway)
  • L'Oreal Hydra-5 Facewash comb/oily skin [Summer] Review
  • L'Oreal Hydra-5 gel-cream comb/oily skin [Summer] Review
  • St Ives Green Tea Scrub, one of the best buys of 2013
  • Hello Glow Whitening Polish* and Rose Dust cleanser, Review
  • Eveline Makeup Remover*
  • Me Col Facial Paper Mask (gift from a blogger friend)
  • Freeman Dead Sea Minerals Mask, Review, one of the best-buys of 2013
  • Juicy Strawberry scrubbing Mask* Review
  • TBS Facial Cleansing Brush
Body:
  • OPI Sweet Things Hand Lotion set* 
  • TBS Shea sugar Body scrub, one of the best-buys of 2013
  • TBS Cocoa Body Butter, one of the best-buys of 2013
FAVZ for HAIR CARE: 
2013 Favz for Hair Care
Hair Care:
  • Dove Hair fall rescue treatment* Review
  • Avon Advance Techniques Moroccan Argan Oil Shampoo and Mask
  • Rich Hair Argan oil elixir serum
Hair Styling:
  • TRESemme' Heat Defence Spray, one of the best-buys of 2013
  • Vilcro Volume base, having a puff without back combing task was never so easy
2013 DISAPPOINTING PRODUCTS:

2013 Disappointing products
As I tried to be wise and contemplated much hard, curbing my temptations and cravings, before buying anything, almost every thing. The result is only three products falling in this category. Solid reason will be given for each:
  • TRESemme' Volume Shampoo, it turned my hair into dried grass literally along with a scratchy scalp
  • Essence Long wear Lipstick in "Coral Calling", everything is fine except the unbearable tasteless bad taste
  • Essence Lipliner "Satin Mauve", never had a lip liner so soft that can not be applied, esp in thin line
WISHLIST FOR 2014:

Mirza Ghalib, an Urdu poet correctly said and I qoute: "Hazaro'on Khuwahishaen aisi, key har khuwahish pey dum niklay/ Bohat niklay merey armaan, phir bhi kum niklay" (translation: there are thousands  of wishes which make my heart loose a beat, I fulfilled many, but still unsatisfied) True depiction of human nature though! So here are my temptations, cravings and most-wanted wishlist:
  • Real Technique Sam's Pick set, if re-stocked ever otherwise RT Face expert brush
  • Revlon Kissable Balm Stain, they are so much raved that I want one
  • Milani Lipsticks
  • L'oreal Caresse Lipsticks
  • Rimmel Stay Matte Translucent powder
  • Bourjois foundations 123 perfect, healthy glow or Happy Light
  • Bourjois Python Top coat
  • Essence or Catrice Gel Liner
  • Hard Candy Glamouflage
And, and and and let the new launches tempt me and let the cravings rule me :) I am sure that 2014 will be a more beautiful year than 2013, but 2013 will always be remembered in good words as it will stay forever in my memory.
Hope you like this post do share your favz too :) I can see there are many products which need to be reviewed so that's the first thing I am going to do in the year 2014, post all the pending reviews.

HAPPY NEW YEAR
Stay blessed, Fresh and Young!
Have a sparkling 2014.
Remember me in your prayers.
Keep Sparkling!!!
Love & Respect.

RABB RAKHA!!!


NOTE: This post may contain a PR post/product, my review and opinion is 100% honest with my readers. For details read MY BLOG POLICY.

You Might Also Like

19 comments:

  1. I love every bit of this post.M glad to see you content and happy ..
    All the best dear for this new year... and i love your favorites of 2013 :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow great picks... and your wishlist tooo :) I also have many of these products in my wishlist for this year. Wish you all the best. Happy blogging & Happy New Year ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely picks and HNY to you and kiddo~much love

    ReplyDelete
  4. great collection mine fav too

    ReplyDelete
  5. great collection mine fav too

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your wishlist :)
    Happy New Year xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy new year to u too. Thanks for all ur efforts in this comment. Love u

      Delete
  7. Love your picks!! I esp want to try RT brushes this year..keeping my fingers crossed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank u, RT brushes are a good investment, I also eye few more :)

      Delete
  8. wowww huda amazing post .... commenting after such a LONGGGG time .... FINALLY !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am glad to see that we share so many favorites.I dont have this Tresemme shampoo.Mine is blue.
    I hope you get all that you wish for.Best of luck for the new year

    ReplyDelete

Hay you makeup lovers all your comments are most welcome and cherished!!! so comment & make my day:)
Note: The comments with links will not be posted if you want me to visit your blog/site then email me: sparklingpalette@gmail.com :)