O.P.I 007 the Bond Girls Liquid Sand mini collection~ Review & Swatches

Wednesday, June 11, 2014 Sparkling Palette Blog 3 Comments


Are you a "007 James Bond" series fan? Then celebrate the 50 years of the franchise with OPI liquid sand minis collection dedicated to the "Bond Girls" Jinx/Vesper/Pussy Galore/Solitaire. Read More to Reveal More!!!

OPI 007 THE BOND GIRLS LIQUID SAND MINI COLLECTION:
 Celebrating 50 years of James Bond: 007 the Bond Girls. Liquid Sand.
Dries to a textured matte finish infused with reflective glints of light. Apply base and two coats of color. Do not use top-coat.

  • JINX: This mesmerizing matte coral has lucky sparkle.
  • VESPER: A mysterious and intriguing deep purple.
  • PUSSY GALORE: The light feminine pink has the purrrfect amount of shimmer.
  • SOLITAIRE: This diamond-sparkling white is totally engaging. 

Each bottle contains 3.75 ml/ 1/8 fl.oz.

O.P.I 007 the Bond Girls Liquid Sand mini collection
O.P.I 007 the Bond Girls Liquid Sand mini collection
O.P.I 007 the Bond Girls Liquid Sand mini collection
O.P.I 007 the Bond Girls Liquid Sand mini collection
Jinx, Vesper, Pussy Galore and Solitaire

SWATCHES:

O.P.I 007 the Bond Girls: JINX
O.P.I 007 the Bond Girls: VESPER
O.P.I 007 the Bond Girls: PUSSY GALORE
O.P.I 007 the Bond Girls: SOLITAIRE
SPARKLING'S EXPERIENCE:

This is not my first mini collection set from OPI, check my review on Spider Man Bright mini collection here, but this is my first ever experience with OPI liquid sand. To tell you the truth I was not sure what to expect from this new kinda nail-polish in my stash. It said its matt, will have glitter, and will give a sand-like-effect/texture, so I was more amused to try it. Trust me the results left me AMAZED! This is really a super innovation in nail-polishes besides the gel-polishes. As it is clearly mentioned in the description that to get the desired results apply two coats, I did so and quite any top-coat, with in no time it dried in to an uneven texture full of gritty particles shimmer, yet matte in base, giving a perfect sand-like-effect. I was not expecting that i'd like it (being a die hard fan of traditional smooth nail-varnishes only) This won me over, not to mention the clever selection of shades, each dedicated to a Bond Girl from each era from 50 years. Lets review each shade individually:

  • JINX: As it is described as "matte coral" with "luck sparkle" I was not sure how will it turn out. As corals shades are usually the bright-popping-out these days and the color from the JINX character's bikini top was not appealing, atleast to my eyes. BUT how wrong was I, shame on my predictive senses, This colour is the queen of this set. A beautiful coral, with hints of red/oranges, sparkling golden shimmer, along with the sand texture won me over. I really wanted to attend a party/wedding to show it off. A perfect shade for the brides-to-be or even not-to-be (just kidding). A party shade, represents festivity and happiness. I wear it on to get-over my depression. See I don't wear a nail-polish, if I love it, then I live it!
  • VESPER: This is really a "mysterious" shade a dark "deep purple" perfect for all the Glam nights or just for celebrating winter evenings. Seems as if black and blue berries are crushed to make this sumptuous shade. Not much of shimmer it is a darling. I  love this shade so much, that I never loved any dark shade so much. Trust me girls its a magic in that little bottle!
  • PUSSY GALORE: A "feminine pink" it is. With decent amount of shimmer it is for all the sobre reasons you want to colour your nails. Well I personally do not like "pink" nail polishes much, I have a pre-emptive that they make my hands look tan/dark (silly me!) But this one is a cute little baby you don't want to let go!
  • SOLITAIRE: A "diamond-sparkling white" with silver shimmer. I can never even think in my dream that I will wear a WHITE nail polish, but this little naughty white proved me wrong. With a sand-texture this white-beauty is my favourite. I am going to rock it this Summers! With all those floral, colourful prints or just white plain kurta this nail-colour is going to make a statement in my circle.
Overall these four are a love, do I still need to say that "I am in love with OPI 007 Bond Girls mini collection"

COST & AVAILABILITY:

The OPI 007 Bond Girls mini collection set can be purchased for PKR 1630/- from the O.P.I counters on all leading stores. For online purchase check Just4Girls.pk. Daraz.pk also has a wide range of O.P.I in the beauty section.

For further details check their facebook page, OPI Pakistan.

Hope you liked this Colourful post. Do share your views, comment, share, like, tweet, G+ and Pin IT.

Bless me with your comments!!!

Keep a track of this series with hashtag #SMBlovesOPI on InstagramFacebook and Twitter.

Stay blessed.
Remember me in your prayers.
Keep Sparkling!!!
Love & Respect.

RABB RAKHA!!!

NOTE: This post may contain a PR post/product, my review and opinion is 100% honest with my readers. SMB does not intend to tempt the readers to purchase any product, this is just sharing of personal experience for guideline and to provide an idea about the product and it's use. For details read the SMB POLICY HERE

You Might Also Like

3 comments:

  1. Nice review ... nice picture presentation ... seems very very different in formula .. but the nail varnish gives me a creepy feeling inside me
    http://ladaadidahh.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Am loving all the shades... Nice Review :)

    ReplyDelete

Hay you makeup lovers all your comments are most welcome and cherished!!! so comment & make my day:)
Note: The comments with links will not be posted if you want me to visit your blog/site then email me: sparklingpalette@gmail.com :)