SMB's Safe Summer Sailing!!! Summer Product review

Monday, October 27, 2014 Sparkling Palette Blog 21 Comments


Its too early to miss Summers and also a bit late to praise the "Summer Love" products, but just to cover-up my guilt of being lazy all Summers I am doing my "SMB Safe Summer Sailing!!!" post now. Hope it helps you all for next Summers. Read More to Review More!!!
SMB SAFE SUMMER SAILING!!!:

Recently I read a best Summer products round-up post by a fellow blogger Sheharzad (pretty peachy and pink blog), and really her post encouraged me to carry on with my long plan post. Technically this post must have been published earlier this Summers, but me myself and I being busy, lazy and stuck in many other projects and things, somehow hid this post under the carpet of my working desk, so bad of me. But pardon me and accept my post in a hope that it may help us all for the next Summers. In this post I have tried to compile the basic products like primer, pressed powder, translucent powder (both in pressed and loose), setting spray and a sunblock which I personally used and liked, along with many other products not mentioned in this post, all through the extreme Summers of my region. These are the products which I haven't reviewed earlier and their review was long waited, so here I am trying to give in a brief and to-the-point review but don't worry the review will cover up all the plus and minuses, that's what SMB is trusted for. So let's start:

AVON MAGIX SKIN PERFECTOR:

Summer Love, essence, AVON, Maybelline, PR products/posts, Sun Block, E.L.F, Face Primer, Face Spray, Pressed Powder, Translucent Loose Powder
Avon Magix Skin Perfector
  • A very smooth, oil free primer
  • Good for oily/combination and Normal skin
  • SPF 20
  • Keep oil at bay for 3-4 hours indoors
  • Not available locally yet, so you have to get a facebook page arrange it for you
  • Has a mild "rice flour" kinda fragrance, which fades away after a while
  • Helps in smooth application of makeup
  • I love to dab face powder after applying it to get a oil-free face for Summers
  • Its creamy white but once blended it becomes totally translucent
  • It is good but we have many good and affordable options available in local market i.e Essence all about matt, 3.5/5
Purchased from Dhanak for pkr 1180/- (last year)

MAYBELLINE CLEAR SMOOTH "LIGHT":


Summer Love, essence, AVON, Maybelline, PR products/posts, Sun Block, E.L.F, Face Primer, Face Spray, Pressed Powder, Translucent Loose Powder
Maybelline Clear Smooth"Light"

  •  Chota packet barra dhamaka! said that its really a wonder in that small pan
  • I got the one in "Light", but once applied it sets with every skin tone, strange but true
  • Keeps skin oil-free for longer period 5-6 hrs, unless you go and stand in the sun :p 
  • Easy to assist you on-the-go pop in your bag or even in your wallet purse
  • The sponge applicator is small and somewhat useless
  • It has a mirror which really helps
  • Can be applied wet or dry
  • I love applying with my RT face brush, dry :)
  • Easily available in local market
  • Recommended, 3.5/5
Pkr 250/-, PR product

RIMMEL STAY MATTE "TRANSLUCENT" 001:


Summer Love, essence, AVON, Maybelline, PR products/posts, Sun Block, E.L.F, Face Primer, Face Spray, Pressed Powder, Translucent Loose Powder
Rimmel Stay Matte Translucent 001
  • Well deserved much raved product of beauty world
  • No Colour, no Oil, no Shine
  • Keeps oil at bay for a longer period for 4-6 hrs depending on your climate
  • Helps in setting all kinda foundations very well
  • Not travel friendly due to flimsy packaging, sad part
  • Blends easily, I use my RT face brush or a bigger face brush to apply it after my base is done
  • Easily available in local market
  • Recommended 4/5, oh that packaging :(
Pkr 750/- (bought this year)

ESSENCE FIX AND MATTE TRANSLUCENT LOOSE POWDER:


Summer Love, essence, AVON, Maybelline, PR products/posts, Sun Block, E.L.F, Face Primer, Face Spray, Pressed Powder, Translucent Loose Powder
Essence Fix n Matte translucent loose powder
  • Great, I am a fan, my first translucent powder, loose ofcourse
  • Finely milled, packaging is sturdy but NOT travel friendly as it will spill the powder any way
  • Sets base so well, keep it in place for a longer time
  • BE CAREFUL, use it light handedly as it may leave you all white if applied generously:p
  • Don't worry if applied light-handedly it goes all translucent
  • I apply with my BIG face brush
  • Great quantity for the price tag, will last me ages (this was my second year)
  • Available in local market
  • Recommended, 4.5/5, wish it was travel friendly
Pkr 540/-, (purchased last year)

ELF MIST & SET:


Summer Love, essence, AVON, Maybelline, PR products/posts, Sun Block, E.L.F, Face Primer, Face Spray, Pressed Powder, Translucent Loose Powder
ELF Mist n Set

  • My first setting spray
  • Cool as cucumber but doesn't smell as one
  • Set makeup in place for a good period of time, without being sticky or mask-y
  • One spritz per part of face is enough
  • Easy to use packaging
  • Transparent fluid
  • Not available locally, can be ordered through a facebook/online store
  • Recommended, 4/5
Purchased from Beauty Hub for Pkr 650/-

UV-MAX by Montis:


Summer Love, essence, AVON, Maybelline, PR products/posts, Sun Block, E.L.F, Face Primer, Face Spray, Pressed Powder, Translucent Loose Powder
UV-MAX by Montis
  • Oil free
  • First Sunblock that suited me well, and didn't break me out
  • Non-greasy
  • I didn't use it under makeup so can't comment on that part
  • On exposure to the Sun I felt a bit itchiness on my sensitive areas of skin, but nothing to worry about
  • Not That-much sweat free
  • Do not give that white cast
  • Comes in seal packaging
  • Available in local market
Pkr 690/-


Hope you liked this Summer-y post. Do share your views, comment, share, like, tweet, G+ and Pin IT.

Bless me with your comments!!!

Do follow #SMB on InstagramFacebook and Twitter.

Stay blessed.
Remember me in your prayers.
Keep Sparkling!!!
Love & Respect.

RABB RAKHA!!!

NOTE: This post may contain a PR post/product, my review and opinion is 100% honest with my readers. SMB does not intend to tempt the readers to purchase any product, this is just sharing of personal experience for guideline and to provide an idea about the product and it's use. For details read the SMB POLICY HERE

You Might Also Like

21 comments:

  1. Nice picks.. I recently bought ELF setting spray haven't tried it much yet..but I have heard so many good things about it... And yes the Stay matte powder by Rimmel, its the best drugstore powder no doubt... This year I tried essence all about matte compact powder and its great...I have yet to try this clear smooth powder by maybelline.. Thanks for the detailed list :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also got lazy and decided to do a summer necessities post before next summer :p Stay matte is one of my summer must haves too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanx for the post. It's great you have reviewed many things in one place. Nice.

    Rimmel stay matte is my most used product I guess. I so wana try that maybelline clear smooth unfortunately cannot find it here in my place. Sigh

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am currently using the Maybelline and the Rimmel compact face powder as well as the Elf Makeup Setting Mist and I totally agree with your claims! These three products have been my summer essentials! :D
    Also, that Avon primer looks interesting to me. May be I'll stock it for coming summers, iA.
    Thanks for the review! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think this is what you call a good haul? Not products for me however, but well reviewed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the sound of the ELF mist and set x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Funny about summer-sailing ;) I've always been told a translucent powder is a must in the summer, but truth is I have never tried it on a consistent basis. Thanks for sharing your picks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the look of the Maybelline Clear Smooth and the Rimmel Stay Matte.
    I'm always on the look out for a new powder so this post was fab! :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice choices! I keep meaning to try the Rimmel powder, I really must pick that up :)

    Jess xo
    http://just-jesss.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  10. Haha, I know how the Maybelline compact kinda auto-adjusts! :P Nonetheless, I like Rimmel better! ^_^ Btw, is it just my end or have you changed your blog's background? :) x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely list of products :) I have Avon Magic Skin Perfector too and I love it! xo's

    Laura
    Pink Frenzy

    ReplyDelete
  12. lovely products and nice review <3

    ReplyDelete
  13. The Elf Mist and Set sounds like a setting spray I'd like to try and being from Elf it's great it's so affordable too! Alice xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nice choices :) I have Oriflame as my first and the only loose powder and I love it :) I want to try out Catrice loose powder next time if I get my hands on it :D

    ReplyDelete
  15. Nice quick reviews huda. I love rimmel stay matte. It's a must have for every girl.

    ReplyDelete
  16. and i have tried none of these ... want to try maybelline clear smooth

    Shumaila Jaffer
    Beauty Redefined

    ReplyDelete
  17. I’ve tried Avon Magic skin perfector and I can say that it is a nice product.
    xo,
    ~Pauline @Nars Philippines

    ReplyDelete
  18. Rimmel stay matte is great! Nice selection of products Huda :)
    xo

    wajihaslifediary.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Products like Rimmel stay matte,Avon magix and ELF mist are such a love.I really like your choices.and hey you changed the blog color.Me likes :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Elf mist sounds great! Will be picking it up next summer!

    ReplyDelete

Hay you makeup lovers all your comments are most welcome and cherished!!! so comment & make my day:)
Note: The comments with links will not be posted if you want me to visit your blog/site then email me: sparklingpalette@gmail.com :)